Thursday, September 8, 2011

One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People eaters and a Crown Royal Bags plush project

A few weeks ago I took a quick min-vacation to visit a friend in Fort Myers.  This friend messaged me the week before and asked if I'd ever made a One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater.  It was funny that he mentioned it because this was something that I'd been meaning to get to for ages.  I'd drawn out sketches of my vision and everything.  Just hadn't actually made one yet.  So, I got motivated and finally made one. 
As you can see, my vision is of a monster that didn't start out with only one horn and one eye.  The business of people-eating can be a dangerous one!  I made him with a zipper mouth and his belly is huge, the whole size of his body.  He comes with a person to snack on and is available in the shop.
The friend that I was on my way to visiting owns a bar and over the years he has collected up hundreds of Crown Royal bags and had given me a boat-load of them awhile back to make something.  So, since he was requesting a OEOHFPPE, and I had all these purple bags.... I made his OEOHFPPE out of Crown Royal bags!  His was different in that his horn and eye were both centered.  I kick myself that I didn't photograph it before giving it to him, all I have is this picture that he sent me of the little creature getting some love.
One of my friend's friends saw the Crown Royal bag OEOHFPPE and wanted some softies too.  This person didn't want a monster, but a bunny and a pig.  So, I cut up some more Crown bags and crafted these two.


If you'd like to see more pictures of the details, check my flickr page.

2 comments:

  1. These are soooo awesome. The crown royal bags were a great idea. I would also like to purchase one of these from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you sell your plush toys made from Crown Royal bags? I'd love to purchase one.

    ReplyDelete