Sunday, August 10, 2014

Weekly Dress project week number 9 - Rockabilly Swing Dress

This week I let my sister go through my pattern stash and pick the dress for me.  At first I wasn't excited about the choice she made, mainly because there were several other ones that I'd been looking forward to, but I came around once I picked the fabrics.
She chose Butterick B6049 and opted for the halter neck version.
Years ago I had an online boutique where I sold rockabilly style clothing called Addicted to Rockabilly (I still have some of the remaining inventory up on eBay).  I sold a dress from Pin Up Girl Couture that looked pretty much identical to this one.  They called it the Rita Dress.
Above and Below Photos from PinUpGirlClothing.com
There are some differences.  Their version has the halter top with a long tie and the Butterick version has it hooking with a slide hook.  The Butterick version has a fully lined bodice where I could be wrong here, but I don't believe that the Pin Up version was lined. The Butterick version also has pockets!  I love pockets in dresses.
I have a ton of shows lined up for this fall so in order to stock up on inventory, I cut two of these dresses at the same time.  I was making the same size, so I didn't want to use the same pattern.  I made one with a brown and cream cheetah print with deep red accent and the other from a teal with small lavender dots and a bright pink accent.  Both dresses came out fabulous!   I'm sure they will go quick when I get them listed in the shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment