For week #11 I decided to get a jump on Halloween. My eight year old daughter (of course) wants to be queen Elsa from Disney's Frozen so I used McCall's Pattern M7000. I was pretty sure that I was going to have lots of requests for this costume so when I purchased the fabrics, so I bought enough to make 2 children's Elsa dresses, 2 children's Anna dresses (and cape), 2 adult Elsa dresses and 2 adult Anna dresses.
I guessed right. In the last few weeks, I've had orders! So many orders that I'm not sure that I'm going to have time to get the other crafting done that I need to do in preparation for the craft shows I have coming up this fall.
Lots of orders is a good thing, of course, but I probably shouldn't have jumped the gun on the fabric because half of those orders aren't for the dresses you see in the pattern picture above, but for the coronation day dresses.
(But, those will have to wait until Week 15)
Being the costume perfectionist that I am, I wasn't satisfied with the bodice and skirt detail of Anna's dress from the pattern so I reworked the pattern to have more detail.
If I make these dresses again, I'm going to paint the details with fabric paint instead of applique because they are just too small for applique!
The cape turned out super fabulous and was pretty simple to sew but the problem was that it used over 5 yards of fabric! and that is for the CHILD's costume! That works out to being a pretty expensive cape. It was fully lined so if I ever do it again, I won't bother with the lining.
I didn't make any changes to the Elsa dress but did get a lot of practice using my new rolled hem foot.
on Square Market
on Square Market