Sunday, August 11, 2013

Published in Stuffed Magazine AGAIN!

It is just as thrilling as the last time!  I am down-right giddy over this.  I am holding myself back from carrying this magazine around everywhere, around showing it to strangers.


This One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater was actually submitted to Stuffed BEFORE Mildred the Monster who was published in the Spring 2013 issue.  I was nervous that he'd gotten lost or something because I moved in between when I submitted him and now.  If they don't like your work... they just ship it back.  They have had him so long that for awhile I'd forgotten about him.

How he came about:
My friend Dickson had a little boy come into his life (who stole such a big part of his heart that he wrote a book about it) and he asked if I could make a 'One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater' for him to give as a gift.  During the design process I decided that I wanted to go a different direction from the norm.  I crafted him as though the 'Purple People Eaters' were a species that has two eyes and two horns but his were damaged in some way or another.  I also made him a little 'people snack' that goes in his zipper pocket mouth.  I had so much fun making this guy that I was giggling the whole time.  I loved the way he turned out, and so did the little boy he was made for.....

so I made another to be submitted to Stuffed and the rest is history!  I saved the pattern, so I can make more if I ever end up with the time.  Maybe you'll see more of these guys in the future.  For now, just proudly walking around showing off my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment