Friday, September 24, 2010

Astral Skulls dress for the Stitch Rock fashion show

There will be a fashion show at Stitch Rock next Saturday and all who are vending are able to submit to the show.  I haven't really been making clothes much lately, but I did make a dress for this show.  I originally thought that I would keep it for myself after, but now that it is finished, I think I will sell it instead.  It fits great and I'm happy with the way that it turned out, I just know that realistically, I won't ever go anywhere that I'll need a dress like this.
I used a vintage reproduction pattern but mixed up the classic lines by using a modern fabric.  The fabric is Alexander Henry's Astral Skulls in both the white and the black versions.  Because I was originally making this for myself, and I never wear long dresses, I made it shorter than the pattern. 
Here is a teaser pic, I'm waiting until the fashion show for the complete reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment