Saturday, January 14, 2012

Behind the Seams

I am always seeing pictures of these beautiful workspaces of the craft bloggers that I follow.  They are always so neat, organized and pretty.  My space.  Not so much.  My space is three quarters of a single-car garage (the other quarter still opens from the outside and houses the lawn mover and bicycles).  It is so packed full of stuff that my husband won't even step foot in here.  I would love to have a pretty space where everything is all neat, but I doubt it will ever happen.  I just need to much stuff to keep it all sorted away in baskets and boxes.  I need my fabric and what-not on open shelves so I can see it.  If I pack it all away, I'd never find anything! Plus, I'm too cheap to go out and buy organizing things, my stuff is all found or salvaged from some other purpose.
I never thought I would actually have the nerve to show pictures of my space online, but here goes.  This is for the non-Marthas out there...
Anyone else use your ironing board as a table?  I just know I'm not the only one, those things are the perfect height for pinning.
Moving from left to right, after the fabric shelves, there is the shipping supplies and then all those tubs are the inventory for my webstore, not craft related, ignore them. 
Computer table... unexplainable clutter.  And below, I'm not sure why I am compelled to point out this stuff... but as you can see, my door to the outside doesn't have any trim, cute right?  The handyman ran off without finishing the job and I just haven't found the time in the 6 years since to replace it myself.
 And lastly, soft rugs for the master of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment